Help with a Federal Agency

My office is available to help you with obtaining a timely response form any federal agency, or to help answer questions or concerns you have in regards to an agency. They will do their best to assist you in receiving an accurate response from the agency of concern.

Before my staff can open a “case” or “inquiry” on your behalf, The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

Please note that there are two forms. If you have a case with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) agency, please complete that specific form.

To begin the process of opening an inquiry, please contact my office either by phone, mail or the contact form below.

  • If you have an urgent and time-sensitive matter, please call the Sacramento office at 916.498.5600 and complete the privacy release form below.

Non-Federal Agency

Unfortunately, I do not have jurisdiction over state and local government agencies or matters being decided in the courts and cannot offer assistance in these types of cases.

If you have an issue with a state agency,like EDD, the Franchise Tax Board or the DMV, please contact your state senator or assemblymember. You can search for your representative here.

If you have an issue with a local government agency or program, please call your City Council member or County Supervisor.

If you have an issue with a state agency, please contact your state senator or assemblymember. You can search for your representative here.

To request help from the Congresswoman's office, please fill out this Privacy Release Form

You can also print the general form and USCIS release form. Please mail the forms to my Sacramento office at:

Office of Congresswoman Matsui

501 I Street, Suite 12-600
Sacramento, CA 95814

Some of the Agencies We Can Assist You With

  • Department of Education

  • FCC - Federal Communications Commission

  • Housing and Urban Development

    • Issues relating to discrimination and unfair treatment

    • Issues with SHRA

    • Cannot assist with non-profit or private housing providers

  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

  • Postal Service

  • Social Security Administration

  • State Department - Visas

  • Department of Veterans Affairs